Service Accounts and Roles: Fundamentals
Service accounts are a special type of Google account that grant permissions to virtual machines instead of end users. Service accounts are primarily used to ensure safe, managed connections to APIs and GCP services. Granting access to trusted connections and rejecting malicious ones is a must-have security feature for any GCP project. In this lab, you will get you hands-on practice with the ins and outs of service accounts.
What you'll do
In this lab, you will learn how to:
- Create and manage service accounts.
- Create a virtual machine and associate it with a service account.
- Use client libraries to access BigQuery from a service account.
- Run a query on a BigQuery public dataset from a GCE instance.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.