Helm Package Manager
Helm is a toolset for managing Kubernetes packages (also called
Charts), which contain pre-configured Kubernetes resources. In this lab, you will learn how to install the Helm server and client, how to configure MySQL via a Chart, and how to test the installed MySQL app.
What you'll do
- Create a Kubernetes Cluster in Kubernetes Engine.
- Install and configure the Helm toolset.
- Install the MySQL chart.
- Test the MySQL chart installation with a MySQL client.
This is an advanced lab. Before taking it, you should be familiar with at least the basics of Docker and Kubernetes. Here are some Qwiklabs that can get you up to speed:
You should also have a basic knowledge of Linux system administration/command line tools.
Once your prepared, scroll down to learn the basics of Helm.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create a Kubernetes Cluster
Create tiller Service Account
Initialize Helm and Install Tiller
Install a Chart (MySQL)