Dynamic VPN Gateways - Cloud Routers
In this lab, you configure Cloud Routers using the Console. The Cloud Routers will implement VPN gateways configured with BGP. BGP provides dynamic network discovery and eliminates the need to configure or maintain static routes. When successful you will be able to ping the internal IP of the VM in a newly discovered subnetwork via an auto-populated route.
In this lab, you learn how to perform the following tasks:
- Create two networks to represent your VPC and on-premises network with a VM in each network to test connectivity.
- Connect the two networks using Cloud Routers.
- Add a new subnetwork and verify that Dynamic BGP routing is working.
What you'll need
To complete this lab, you’ll need:
- Access to a standard internet browser (Chrome browser recommended).
- Time. Note the lab’s Completion time in Qwiklabs. This is an estimate of the time it should take to complete all steps. Plan your schedule so you have time to complete the lab. Once you start the lab, you will not be able to pause and return later (you begin at step 1 every time you start a lab).
- The lab's Access time is how long your lab resources will be available. If you finish your lab with access time still available, you will be able to explore the Google Cloud Platform or work on any section of the lab that was marked "if you have time". Once the Access time runs out, your lab will end and all resources will terminate.
- You DO NOT need a Google Cloud Platform account or project. An account, project and associated resources are provided to you as part of this lab.
- If you already have your own GCP account, make sure you do not use it for this lab.
- If your lab prompts you to log into the console, use only the student account provided to you by the lab. This prevents you from incurring charges for lab activities in your personal GCP account.
Start your lab
When you are ready, click Start Lab. You can track your lab’s progress with the status bar at the top of your screen.
Find Your Lab’s GCP Username and Password
To access the resources and console for this lab, locate the Connection Details panel in Qwiklabs. Here you will find the account ID and password for the account you will use to log in to the Google Cloud Platform:
If your lab provides other resource identifiers or connection-related information, it will appear on this panel as well.
Join Qwiklabs to Read the Rest of this Lab...and More!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Nearly 100 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.