Customizing Stackdriver Logs for Kubernetes Engine with Fluentd
In this hands-on lab you will learn how to integrate Fluentd—an open-source data collector for unified logging—with a Google Kubernetes Engine cluster. More specifically, you will learn how to host a configurable Fluentd daemonset to send logs to Stackdriver instead of the cloud logging option when creating a Kubernetes Engine cluster. You will also get practice customizing Kubernetes Engine logging to remove sensitive data like Social Security Numbers, credit card information, and email addresses from Stackdriver logs.
What you'll do
In this lab, you will do the following:
- Create a custom Kubernetes/Fluentd service account.
- Deploy a Fluentd daemonset on a Google Kubernetes Engine cluster, configured to log data to Google Stackdriver.
- Run a test logger application on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Customize Kubernetes Engine logging to remove sensitive data from the Stackdriver logs.
Join Qwiklabs to Read the Rest of this Lab...and More!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Nearly 100 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.