In this hands-on lab you will learn how to perform basic networking tasks on Google Cloud Platform (including Compute Engine instances) and how GCP might differ from an on-premises setup. You'll develop a network and 3 subnetworks, resulting in this end-state environment:
The lab exercises you'll do are ordered to reflect a common cloud developer experience:
- Set up your lab environment and learn how to work with your GCP environment.
- Deploy a common network with subnets and multiple regions using common open source tools to explore your network around the world.
- Testing and monitoring your network and instances.
What you'll learn
- Basics concepts and constructs of the Google Cloud networking.
- How to default and User-created Networks are configured.
- How to measure performance & latency characteristics.
- Basic security configurations of Access, Firewall, and Routing.
- Basic knowledge of Google Compute Engine
- Basic networking and TCP/IP knowledge
- Basic Unix/Linux command line knowledge
Join Qwiklabs to Read the Rest of this Lab...and More!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Nearly 100 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.