Set Up Network and HTTP Load Balancers
In this hands-on lab, you'll learn the differences between a network load balancer and a HTTP load balancer, and how to set them up for your applications running on Google Compute Engine virtual machines.
There are two types of load balancers in Google Cloud Platform:
This labs will take you through the steps to setup both types of load balancers.
We encourage students to type the commands themselves, to help encourage learning of the core concepts. Many labs will include a code block that contains the required commands. You can easily copy and paste the commands from the code block into the appropriate places during the lab.
What you'll do
- Setup a network load balancer.
- Setup a HTTP(s) load balancer
- Get hands-on experience learning the differences between network load balancers and HTTP load balancers.
- Familiarity with standard Linux text editors such as
nanowill be helpful
Join Qwiklabs to Read the Rest of this Lab...and More!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Nearly 100 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create a group of webservers
Create a L3 Network Load Balancer
Create a L7 HTTP(S) Load Balancer