Working with Google Cloud Dataprep
Cloud Dataprep is Google's self-service data preparation tool built in collaboration with Trifacta. In this lab you will learn how to clean and enrich multiple datasets using Cloud Dataprep. The lab exercises are based on a mock use case scenario.
Use Case Scenario:
You work for a technical services company that sells three monthly subscription products:
- Silver (price: $9.99/month)
- Gold (price: $14.99/month)
- Platinum (price: $29.99/month)
The company occasionally offers promotional discounts, so some product prices may be slightly lower than those listed above. Your overall goal is to provide an analysis of sales activity by zip code over the course of three years.
To do this you'll need to join your customer contact datasource (where the zip code information resides) with sales data from your purchases datasource. Once you've joined the data, you'll aggregate the results.
What you'll learn
- Cleaning and profiling data with Cloud Dataprep
- Combining multiple datasets using Cloud Dataprep
- Computing the results of formulas in Cloud Dataprep
What you'll need
- A Google Cloud Platform Project
- Chrome internet browser - this lab can only successfully run in Chrome
Join Qwiklabs to Read the Rest of this Lab...and More!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Nearly 100 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.