Deployment Manager - Package and Deploy
In this lab you develop a Python application and deploy it to GCP as a service. You will use code and package an existing application.
You'll also use Deployment Manager templates to create a service called Echo. Thought of as the "simplest service in the world", Echo receives a request with a header and string and replies with the string back to the requestor. In this lab, the Echo service will illustrate basic concepts and design elements.
What you'll learn
- How to develop and deploy a service, including the application and the infrastructure.
- More advanced Deployment Manager template techniques.
- How to create a deployable package using pip.
- Best practices for testing an application before and after deployment.
Join Qwiklabs to Read the Rest of this Lab...and More!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Nearly 100 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Create a bucket
Upload the file to the bucket
Start a minimal VM in GCE
Prepare the environment and install the package
Deploy the service
Allow traffic to the service