Rent-a-VM to Process Earthquake Data
In this lab you spin up a virtual machine, configure its security, access it remotely, and then manually create a pipeline to get, process and publish the data.
This lab is part of the processing scientific lab series.
What you learn
In this lab, you:
- Create a Compute Engine instance with the necessary access and security.
- SSH into the instance.
- Install the software package Git (for source code version control).
- Ingest data into the Compute Engine instance.
- Transform data on the Compute Engine instance.
- Store the transformed data on Cloud Storage.
- Publish Cloud Storage data to the web.
Join Qwiklabs to Read the Rest of this Lab...and More!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Nearly 100 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.