Monitoring and Logging for Cloud Functions
You can view your Cloud Functions with their execution times, execution counts, and memory usage in the GCP Console. These metrics are also available in Stackdriver Monitoring, where you can set up custom alerting on these metrics. See the Stackdriver Monitoring documentation for more information.
Setup and Requirements
What you'll need
To complete this lab, you'll need:
- Access to a standard internet browser (Chrome browser recommended).
- Time. Note the lab's Completion time in Qwiklabs, which is an estimate of the time it should take to complete all steps. Plan your schedule so you have time to complete the lab. Once you start the lab, you will not be able to pause and return later (you begin at step 1 every time you start a lab).
- You do NOT need a Google Cloud Platform account or project. An account, project and associated resources are provided to you as part of this lab.
- If you already have your own GCP account, make sure you do not use it for this lab.
- If your lab prompts you to log into the console, use only the student account provided to you by the lab. This prevents you from incurring charges for lab activities in your personal GCP account.
Start your lab
When you are ready, click Start Lab. You can track your lab's progress with the status bar at the top of your screen.
Find Your Lab's GCP Username and Password
To access the resources and console for this lab, locate the Connection Details panel in Qwiklabs. Here you will find the account ID and password for the account you will use to log in to the Google Cloud Platform:
If your lab provides other resource identifiers or connection-related information, it will appear on this panel as well.
Log in to Google Cloud Console
Using the Qwiklabs browser tab/window (preferably in Incognito mode) or the separate browser you are using for the Qwiklabs session, copy the Username from the Connection Details panel and click the orange "Open Google Console" button. Paste in the Username, and then the Password as prompted:
Accept the terms and conditions.
Since this is a temporary account, which you will only have access to for this one lab:
- Do not add recovery options
- Do not sign up for free trials
Join Qwiklabs to Read the Rest of this Lab...and More!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Nearly 100 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.